Our commitment to your privacy
- You do not have to give us any personal information to use our website.
- We collect personally identifiable information (name, e-mail address, or other unique identifier) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you.
- Personally identifiable information you provide will be used only as described at the point of collection.
- We automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software (for example IP address, browser type and screen resolution). This information does not identify you personally.
Collection of website visitor information
If you merely browse the Westburg website, your visit will be recorded anonymously and Westburg will not collect any personal information from you.
Information Collected From All Visitors
For each visitor to this website, our web server automatically collects the following types of information which are stored in secure log files on the server. This data does NOT include any personal identification information such as name, phone number, email address or mailing address.
- Type of operating system and web browser
- Host (server) name, Network location and IP address
- Country and city
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Duration of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Website (url) that referred you to our website (example: on our supplier’s website you clicked the link to the Westburg website)
- Search engine query used
- Screen colors and resolution
- Flash version
This data is primarily used to optimize our website for our visitors.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is collected by Westburg only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it us, such as when you choose to receive information, products or services from Westburg or when you apply for a position at Westburg. We collect personal information as required for business purposes and in order to better serve you as a customer or as a user of our website.
We may collect personal information in the following cases:
- When you create a Westburg website account, we ask for your contact information such as your name, organization, address, phone and fax number, email address, billing address and shipping address;
- Information about transactions carried out over this website, including your personal contact information and transaction details.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services, such as newsletters, products updates, marketing and support materials, participate in reward or promotion program, survey, including information about your contact information, your interests and preferences in various products or services;
- Information when applying for a job at Westburg, including your educational background and employment history and job interest data;
- Information that you actively send to Westburg in electronic or printed form
- We may also receive personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided that such third parties confirm to us that they have obtained your consent to the use of your personal information.
Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered personal information.
If any third party provides information about you to us, we may collect and process such information with other information we have about you in the public domain. This Policy will cover such processed information.
Protection of personal information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Sharing with third parties
We will not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information you provide to us to external parties without your permission, except where required by law or governmental or judicial bodies with proper authority.
We may share information about you with our suppliers when circumstances arise that call for this disclosure. This may include problem solving, product recall and continuation of your business relationship with the supplier as a current or past user of a product manufactured by this supplier. Our suppliers will be required to treat the information in accordance with this Policy or otherwise with your further permission.
We may also disclose information provided by you in connection with corporate restructuring, sale or assignment of substantial assets, merger, acquisition, and other changes of control or financial status. If such circumstances arise, we will require the recipient to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Last modified December 4, 2013