Caspase 3/7 assay kit
- For quantitative determination of the apoptosis target caspase-3/7 activity
- Safe. Non-radioactive assay
- Convenient: homogeneous “mix-incubate-measure” type assay
- High-throughput: can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems
- For cell and tissue lysate
Caspases are members of the aspartate-specific cysteinyl protease family that play a central role in apoptosis. Caspase-3 is key biomarker in the assessment of apoptosis and in understanding mechanism of apoptosis induction.
This Caspase-3/7 activity Assay Kit provides a convenient means to measure caspase-3 activity in biological samples. In the assay, a specific substrate (N-Ac-DEVD-AFC) is cleaved by active caspase-3, forming a highly fluorescent product. The fluorescence intensity (Ex/Em = 400/490nm) is proportional to the caspase-3 activity.