GenieGlow Luminescent Cytotoxicity Assay Kit
- Non-desctructive: assay culture medium
- Highly sensitive
- Results in 30 minutes
Luminsecent assay of AK activity
Adenylate Kinase (AK) is an enzyme that occurs in all eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells. In the case of cytotoxicity the plasma membrane becomes leaky, releasing Adenylate Cyclase into the surrounding medium. Therefore AK enzyme activity can be used as a quantitative measure of cytotoxicity.
The GenieGlow Luminescent Cytotoxicity Assay Kit quantifies AK activity in cell culture medium in a simple one-step procedure involving two chemical reactions. First, ADP is converted to ATP by the adenylate kinase that was released from the damaged cells. In the second reaction luciferase catalyzes the generation of light from ATP and luciferin. The light intensity can be measured using a luminometer or beta counter.
- Treat cultured cells according to your experimental question. Include a no-treatment control culture
- Transfer 100 μl of the culture medium into a 96 well plate
- Add 100 μl of the reconstituted AK assay reagent to each well
- Incubate for 5 minutes
- Read in a Microplate Luminometer within 30 minutes after addition of the AK assay reagent