NO/NOS assay kits
- For quantitative determination of nitric oxide (NO) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS)
- Can be used for screening of NOS inhibitors
- Convenient "Mix-Incubate-Measure" assay type
- High throughput: can be readily automated to measure thousands of samples per day
- For various biological samples
Nitric Oxide Assay Kit
Nitric oxide (NO) is a reactive radical that plays an important role in many key physiological functions. NO, an oxidation product of arginine by nitric oxide synthase, is involved in host defense and development, activation of regulatory proteins and direct covalent interaction with functional biomolecules.
Assay Genie’s Nitric Oxide Assay Kit is designed to accurately measure NO production following reduction of nitrate to nitrite using improved Griess method. The procedure is simple and the time required for sample pretreatment and assay is reduced to as short as 30 min.
Using an optimized VCl3 reagent, the time required for reduction of NO3– to NO2– is 10 min at 60°C.
Sensitive: detection range 0.6 – 200 μM
NOS Activity and NOS inhibitor Assay Kits
Assay Genie’s colorimetric Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) Assay Kit can be used for quantitative determination of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity and screen for NOS inhibitor. This kit involves a NOS reaction step during which NO is produced, followed by an NO detection step. Since the NO generated by NOS is rapidly oxidized to nitrite and nitrate, the NO production is measured following reduction of nitrate to nitrite using an improved Griess method.
- Sensitive and accurate. Detection range 0.25 – 25 U/L in 96-well plate.
- Rapid and reliable. Can be completed in 40 min if reduction of NO3– to NO2– is performed at 60°C.
The Nitric Oxide Synthase Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit (cat # RG BA0121) is specifically intended for high throughput screening (HTS) for inhibitor screening and evaluation of nitric oxide synthase inhibitors. The assay can be completed in less than 3 hours if assay performed at 37°C.