Peroxide/peroxidase assay kit
- For quantitative determination of peroxide or peroxidase activity
- Convenient "Mix-Incubate-Measure" assay type
- Suitable for high throughput systems (HTS)
- Fast and sensitive assays
Peroxide assay kit
Peroxide (e.g. hydrogen peroxide H2O2) is one of the key reactive oxygen species formed under oxidative stress conditions.
This peroxide assay kit is designed to measure peroxide concentration in biological samples without any pretreatment. The improved method utilizes the chromogenic Fe3+-xylenol orange reaction, in which a purple complex is formed when Fe2+ provided in the reagent is oxidized to Fe3+ by peroxides present in the sample. The intensity of the color, measured at 540-610nm, is an accurate measure of the peroxide level in the sample.
Detection range: 0.2 μM (7 ng/mL) - 30 μM (1,020 ng/mL).
Peroxidase activity assay kit
Assay Genie’s peroxidase activity assay is perfect for quantitative determination of peroxidase activity. The peroxidase activity assay kit uses H2O2 and an electron donor dye that forms a pink color during the peroxidase reaction. The optical density (570nm) or fluorescence intensity (Ex/Em = 530/590nm) is a direct measure of the enzyme activity.
- Use as little as 10 μL samples.
- Linear detection range: colorimetric assays 2 to 50 U/L, fluorimetric assays 0.1 to 5 U/L peroxidase
- Measuring absorbance colorimetric between 560-590 nm or fluorescence at lex/em= 530/585 nm