Pyruvate/Pyruvate Kinase assay kit
- For quantitative determination of pyruvate and pyruvate kinase activity
- Colorimetric or Fluorometric assays
- Highly sensitive assays
- Simple, direct and automation-ready procedure
- For various samples applicable (plasma, serum, cell and tissue and more)
Pyruvate Kinase activity assay kit
Pyruvate Kinase (PK) is an enzyme involved in glycolysis. It catalyzes the transfer of a phosphate group from phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP) to ADP, yielding one molecule of pyruvate and one molecule of ATP.
In the Pyruvate Kinase assay kit, PEP and ADP are catalyzed by pyruvate kinase to generate pyruvate and ATP. The color intensity of the reaction product at 570nm or fluorescence intensity at Ex/Em = 530/590nm is directly proportional to the pyruvate generated by the Pyruvate Kinase in the sample.
- Detection ranges: 0.1 to 50 U/L for colorimetric assays and 0.01 to 2 U/L for fluorimetric assays run at 25°C for 30 min.
Pyruvate assay kit
The Pyruvate assay kit uses a single Working Reagent that combines pyruvate oxidase and hydrogen peroxide determination in one step. The color intensity of the reaction product at 570nm or fluorescence intensity at Ex/Em = 530/585nm is directly proportional to pyruvate concentration in the sample.
- involves addition of a single working reagent and incubation for 30 min at room temperature and is compatible for HTS assays
- Detection ranges 2 to 500 μM (17 ug/dL to 4.4 mg/dL) pyruvate for colorimetric assays and 0.2 to 50 μM for fluorimetric assays
- Use as little as 10 μL samples