Kinase activity assay kit
- For quantitative determination of protein kinase activity
- Safe, non-radioactive assay
- Highly sensitive: as low as 0.01 U/L proteine kinase can be quantified
- “Mix-incubate-measure” type assay
- Results within 10 minutes
Kinases constitute a large family of enzymes that transfer phosphate groups from ATP to their specific substrates. Kinases are known to regulate the majority of cellular processes. So far, 518 different kinases have been identified in humans and up to 30% of human proteins are modified by these kinases. The enormous diversity and their key role in cellular signaling make them ideal targets for drug developments.
Assay Genies Kinase Assay Kit is a homogeneous microplate-based assay and involves incubating the kinase with a single working reagent, in which ADP is enzymatically converted to ATP and pyruvate. This can be quantified using a fluorometric (530nm/590nm) assay method.