Lipase activity assay kit
- For quantitative determination of lipase activity
- Sensitive: linear detection range 40-1600 U/L lipase activity
- Results within 10-20 minutes
- For alle sorts of species
- Convenient "Add-Read" assay type
Lipase catalyzes the hydrolysis of ester bonds on the glycerol backbone of a lipid substrate; it is the key enzyme responsible for breaking down fats.
Assay Genie’s Lipase Assay (Colorimetric) is based on an improved dimercaptopropanol tributyrate (BALB) method, in which SH groups formed from lipase cleavage of BALB react with 5,5’-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) to form a yellow colored product. The color intensity, measured at 412 nm, is proportionate to the enzyme activity in the sample.