Coenzyme A (CoA) assay kit
- Quantitative measurement of Coenzyme A activity
- Sensitive: use as little as 10 μL samples
- Convenient: room temperature “mix-and-read” type assay
Sensitive assay for Coenzyme A activity
Coenzyme A is involved in many important biological activities including the synthesis and oxidation of fatty acids, pyruvate oxidation in the citric acid cycle and many others. One of coenzymes A most crucial roles is the carrying and transferring of acyl groups.
In this Coenzyme A assay, the first step enzymatically converts CoA to acyl-CoA and the second step oxidizes the acyl-CoA producing an enoyl-CoA and H2O2. The resulting H2O2 reacts with a specific dye to form a pink colored product. The optical density at 570nm or fluorescence intensity (530/585 nm) is directly proportional to the coenzyme A concentration in the sample.
- Linear detection range: colorimetric assay 5 – 1000 μM, fluorimetric assay 3 – 100 μM CoA.
- Can be readily automated for high-throughput assay of thousands of samples per day.