Choline/Acetylcholine assay kits
- Quantitative determination of choline, acetylcholine, acetylcholinesterase & - inhibitors
- Use 20 μL samples
- Wide linear detection ranges
- Colorimetric and fluoromteric assay kits
Choline and acetylcholine are neurotransmitters that play important roles in membrane structure integrity, cellular signaling and (acetyl)cholinergic neurotransmission.
In both assays, acetyl assay and acetylcholine assay, choline is oxidized by choline oxidase to, amongst others, H2O2. This H2O2 reacts with a specific dye to form a pink colored product. The color intensity at 570nm or fluorescence intensity (530/585 nm) is directly proportional to the (acetyl)choline concentration in the sample.
Acetylcholinesterase & - inhibitor assays
Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) catalyzes the hydrolysis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine into choline and acetic acid, a reaction necessary to allow a cholinergic neuron to return to its resting state after activation. The acetylcholinesterase assay kits can be used for for quantitative determination of acetylcholinesterase activity and evaluation of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. The intensity of the product color of Assay Genie's colorimetric Acetylcholinesterase Assay Kit can be measured at 412 nm, and is proportionate to the enzyme activity in the sample.
For fast and sensitive screening of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, the Acetylcholinesterase Inhibition Assay Kit (RG BA 0160) can be used:
- can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day
- linear detection range 10 to 600 U/L
- 10 minute reaction at 37°C.