Monoamine oxidase (MAO) assay kit
- For quantitative determination of monoamine oxidase activity
- For rapid monoamine oxidase inhibitor screening
- Safe, non-radioactive assay
- Detection as low as 0.01 U/L MAO activity
- Convenient: “Mix-incubate-measure” assay type
Monoamine oxidases (MAO) are a family of mitochondrial enzymes that catalyze the oxidative deamination of monoamines. MAO dysfunction is thought to be responsible for a number of neurological disorders.
In Assay Genie’s fluorometric monoamine oxidase assay kit, MAO reacts with p-tyramine, a substrate for both MAO-A and MAO-B, resulting in the formation of H2O2, which is determined by a fluorometric method (Ex/Em = 530/585nm). This assay can also be used for screening of MAO inhibotor(s), since it can be readily automated on HTS liquid handling systems for processing thousands of samples per day.
No wash and reagent transfer steps are involved.