alpha-L- Fucosidase (AFU) assay kit
- For quantitative determination of alpha-L-Fucosidase activity
- Applicable for biological samples (e.g. plasma, serum, tissue, cell lysate, etc.)
- Wide linear detection range of 1-100 U/L
- Simple "add-mix-read" protocol
- Compatible with high-throughput liquid handling instruments
alpha-L- Fucosidase (AFU) is an enzyme coded by the FUCA1 gene in humans and catalyzes the breakdown of L-Fucose. This lysosomal enzyme involved in the degradation of fucose-containing glycoproteins and glycolipids.
This non-radioactive, colorimetric AFU assay is based on the cleavage of 4-nitrophenol from the synthetic substrate. Nitrophenol becomes intensely colored after addition of the stop reagent. The increase in absorbance at 405 nm after addition of the stop reagent is directly proportional to the enzyme activity.