Diamine Oxidase assay kit
- For quantitative determination of diamine oxidase in biological samples
- Fast and sensitive: linear detection range 0.5 to 6 U/L
- Convenient: “Add-mix-read” type assay
- High-throughput: measure thousands of samples per day
Diamine oxidase is an enzyme involved in the metabolism, oxidation, and inactivation of histamine in animals.
This non-radioactive, fluorimetric Diamine Oxidase Assay (DAO) assay is based on the oxidation of putrescine to pyrroline plus NH3 and H2O2. The generated H2O2 is then used by HRP to oxidize a dye making it fluorescent. The increase in fluorescence at Ex/Em = 530/585 nm is directly proportional to the enzyme activity.
- Use of 10 μL sample
- Linear detection range 0.5 to 6 U/L for 30 min reaction at 25°C
- The procedure involves adding a single working reagent, and reading the fluorescence at 0 and 30 minutes. Room temperature assay. No 37°C heater is needed
- For serum, plasma samples