Ketone Body assay kit
- For quantitative determination of ketone body (acetoacetic acid and 3-hydroxybutyric acid)
- Sensitive and accurate
- Convenient: "Add-Mix-Read" type assay
- Wide variety of samples types, including serum, plasma, urine and more
Ketone bodies, acetoacetic acid (AcAc) and 3-hydroxybutyric acid (BOH), are produced in the liver mainly from oxidation of fatty acids, and are normally present at low concentrations in urine and blood.
This ketone body assay is based on 3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase catalyzed reactions, in which the change in NADH absorbance, measured at 340nm, is directly related to the AcAc and BOH concentrations,
- Uses 10 μL sample
- Linear detection range of 0.12 to 8 mM for each ketone body in 96-well plate assay.
- Rroom temperature assay
- Can be automated as a high-throughput 96-well plate assay for many samples per day
- Results within 30 minutes