Neuraminidase activity assay kit
- For quantitative determination of neuraminidase activity
- High-throughput 96-well plate assay
- Sensitive and accurate
- Simple and convenient 60 min. protocol
- Fot all types of biological samples
Neuraminidase is an enzyme that hydrolyzes terminal sialic acid residues on poly-saccharide chains. It is predominantly expressed in microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses. Cleavage of sialic acid residues by neuraminidase is believed to play several roles in infection by influenza viruses.
This neuraminidase assay measures the sialic acid released by neuraminidase in one step. The change in color intensity of the reaction product at 570nm or fluorescence intensity at Ex/Em = 530/585nm is directly proportional to neuraminidase activity in the samples.
- Linear detection range at 37°C in 96-well plate: 0.1 to 10 U/L for colorimetric assays and 0.01 to 2 U/L for fluorimetric assays.
- Homogeneous assay requiring only two absorbance measurements.
- Can be readily automated as a high-throughput 96-well plate assay to screen thousands of samples per day