Myeloperoxidase (MPO) assay kit
- For MPO peroxidation activity determination
- For all sorts of biological samples (e.g. cell lysates, tissues, etc.)
- Convenient “mix-incubate-measure” type assay
- Linear detection range: 0.0025 to 2 U/L
- Suitable for HTS liquid handling systems
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a heme protein synthesized during myeloid differentiation that constitutes the major component of neutrophil azurophilic granules. It can be found in neutrophil, monocytes, and some soft tissue macrophages.
This MPO assay kit is based on the MPO enzyme reaction with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) which oxidizes the dye reagent to a highly fluorescent product. The fluorescence intensity of this product, measured at Ex/Em = 530/585 nm, is proportional to the total peroxidation activity in the sample. The provided MPO inhibitor is used to suppress peroxidase activity due to MPO in order to differentiate other peroxidase activities that may be present in the samples.