Malachite Green assay kit (phosphate)
- For quantitative determination of free phosphate
- High sensitivity and wide detection range
- Fast and convenient: “mix-and-measure” type assay
- Results within 20 minutes
- Compatible with routine laboratory and HTS formats
The Malachite Green Assay Kit is based on quantification of the green complex formed between Malachite Green, molybdate and free orthophosphate. The rapid color formation from the reaction can be conveniently measured on a spectrophotometer (600 – 660 nm) or on a plate reader.
The non-radioactive colorimetric assay kits have been optimized to offer superior sensitivity and prolonged shelf life. The assay is simple and fast, involving a single addition step for phosphate determination.
Assays can be executed in tubes, cuvettes or multi-well plates. The assays can be conveniently performed in 96- and 384-well plates for high-throughput screening of enzyme inhibitors.
- Very stable reagent: no precipitation of reagent occurs
- Wide detection range: detection of as little of 1.6 pmoles of phosphate and useful range between 0.02 μM and 40 μM phosphate
- Assays can be performed in tubes, cuvettes or microplates, on spectrophotometers and plate readers.