pNPP Phosphatase assay kit
- For quantitative determination of phosphatase activity
- Detection limit <3 ng phosphatase
- Fast & simple: results within 30 minutes
- Convenient: “mix-and-measure” type assay
- Amenable to HTS screening
p-nitrophenyl phosphate (pNPP) is a chromogenic substrate for most phosphatases such as alkaline phosphatases, acid phosphatases, protein tyrosine phosphatases and serine/threonine phosphatases.
The reaction in this pNPP phosphatase assay kit yields para-nitrophenol, which becomes an intense yellow soluble product under alkaline conditions and can be conveniently measured at 405 nm on a spectrophotometer.
- Simply add a single reagent to the phosphatase and measure the product formation on an absorbance reader
- The assay can be conveniently performed in cuvettes, tubes or multi-well plates
- Eecution at either room temperature or 37°C
All reagents are compatible with high-throughput liquid handling instruments.