Luciferase Reporter Gene
- For quantitation of luciferase reporter gene expression
- Detection as few as 4 cells
- Compatible with routine laboratory and HTS formats
- Applicable on mammalian cells, yeast or E. coil
- Simple & convenient "Add-Incubate-Read" assay
The Luciferase Reporter Gene Assay is based on the quantitation of luciferase expression in mammalian, yeast or E. coil cells, using luciferin and ATP as substrates. The reaction results in light production which can be conveniently measured on a luminometer.
This bioluminescent reporter gene assay is extremely sensitive and is especially suitable for quantifying luciferase expression in recombinant cells. It only requires adding a single reagent to the cells and measuring the light intensity after a short incubation step (2 minutes).
The Dual Luciferase Reporter Assay allows for the sequential measurement of the activity of two different luciferases, firefly (FFL) and Renilla (RL), in a single sample.
- Assays can be performed in tubes, cuvettes or multi-well plates, on LJL Analyst, Berthold Luminometer, Top-Count, MicroBeta counters, chemiluminescent image plate readers (CLIPR/LeadSeeker)
- Compatible with culture media and with all liquid handling systems.
- Suitable for high-throughput screening in 96-well, 384-well and 1536-well plates.