Insect-XPRESS Protein-free Media
- Insect culture media
- For culture of sf9/sf21, High Five and Drosophila cells
- Protein-free and serum-free culture media
- For suspension and adherent cells
- For baculovirus propagation and recombinant protein expression
- Obtain higher protein yield
The Insect culture media Insect-XPRESS is designed to support the growth of invertebrate cell lines derived from the fall army worm, Spodoptera frugiperda. Insect-XPRESS can be used for suspension, monolayer and shakeflask cultures of sf9, sf21, High Five and Drosophila cells.
This protein-free medium contains L-glutamine and supports higher baculovirus expression.
Most insect cell lines do not require weaning from serum-containing or serum-free media into Insect- XPRESS™ culture media. If adaptation is required, we recommend an initial split ratio of 1:2 into Insect-XPRESS™ Medium followed by sequential splits of 1:5 until the culture is adapted to the new medium. During the weaning process, the cell concentration should be maintained above 3.0 x 105 cells/ml.