CGM/CDM Chondrocyte Growth & Differentiation media
- CGM Chondrocyte Growth media
- CDM Chondrocyte Differentiation Media
Articular cartilage is characterized by high wear resistance and poor regenerative qualities. It is responsible for much of the compressive resistance and load bearing qualities of the knee joint.
Growth and differentiation of chondrocytes
For the expansion and differentiation of chondrocytes, specific media are available:
- CGM™ Chondrocyte Growth Medium for expansion
- CDM™ Chondrocyte Differentiation Medium for differentiation of human chondrocytes
Media are supplied in several formats:
- Basal Medium - contains no growth factors cytokines, or supplements
- SingleQuots™ Kit- growth factors and supplements
- BulletKit™ - basal medium and SingleQuots™ Kit packaged together
SingleQuots include the following growth supplements: R3-Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (R3-IGF-1), 1.0 ml; human recombinant Fibroblast Growth Factor-Beta (hrFGF-β), 2.5 ml; Transferrin, 0.5 ml; Insulin, 1.0 ml; Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS), 25.0 ml; Gentamicin/Amphotericin-B (GA), 0.5 ml.