ProCHO Protein-free CHO Media
- Protein-free and serum-free media
- Optimized for recombinant protein production by CHO cells
- Free of animal-origin components
- Available in 3 types
ProCHO protein-free CHO media facilitate the production and downstream processing of recombinant proteins expressed by CHO cells. The protein-free media support high-density cultures without the need for components of animal origin. ProCHO media contain very low levels of recombinant insulin.
Protein-free media types
Depending on your demands you can select one of the following media:
- ProCHO™4: Enables concurrent transition of adherent CHO cells to serum-free culture in suspension. A key benefit is faster doubling times. With 0.1% Pluronic® F-68, without L-glutamine, hypoxanthine, or thymidine. Phenol red is optional.
- ProCHO™5: Obtain higher protein yield with CHO cells already growing in suspension. It contains 0.1% Pluronic® F-68, but does not contain L-glutamine, phenol red, hypoxanthine, or thymidine.
- ProCHO™AT: For adherent culture of CHO cells. Contains L-glutamine. Does not contain hypoxanthine or thymidine.
Need help to get started with protein-free CHO media?
Do you want to get started with protein-free cell culture for your CHO cells, but you don't know how? Let us guide you through the steps of switching to serum-free media!