X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System
- All-in-one, easy-to-use solution for electrophoretic tissue clearing
- Exceptional transparency reached, even for hard tissues like bone
- Pre-optimized protocols
- Prepared tissues ready for efficient antibody labeling and imaging
Spend your time more efficiently and decrease your time spent on preparing, sectioning, labeling, mounting, imaging and analyzing those hundreds of ultra-thin slices when you want to analyze tissues. X-CLARITY™ offers you the ultimate solution for electrophoretic tissue clearing: prepare your tissue in its whole for further histology and imaging analysis.
Tissue clearing with X-CLARITY™: how it works
With X-CLARITY™ you clear whole tissues from their lipid bilayers (through electrophoresis in the presence of ionic detergents) while keeping the biomolecules intact, which are covalently linked to a sturdy hydrogel network.
This tissue clearing method preserves the molecular information and structural integrity of a tissue sample and leaves you with a stable and transparant tissue-hydrogel hybrid. This hybrid can be efficiently penetrated by and labeled with antibodies or oligonucleotides for further phenotyping.
Tissue clearing workflow
The superfast and efficient workflow of X-CLARITY™ tissue clearing involves four steps:
- Incubation of the tissue sample in a hydrogel monomer solution to allow uniform hydrogel diffusion throughout the whole sample
- Polymerization to form the stable hydrogel-tissue hybrid
- Clearing of the lipid bilayers in the tissue-hydrogel hybrid through electrophoresis in the presence of ionic detergents
- Labeling and imaging of your whole tissue