Streptamer Magnetic Beads
- For rapid and economic (CD8+) T-cell isolation
- Reversible, antigen-specific staining
- Mild and rapid dissociation using biotin
- For magnetic isolation
T-cell isolation with the Streptamer technology
The Streptamer technology is a novel method to isolate and characterize functional antigen-specific (CD8+) T-cells. With the Strep-Tactin® Magnetic Beads, you can quickly isolate antigen-specific (CD8+) T-cells without phenotypic and functional change of your T-cells. This T-cell isolation technology is based on a reversible staining.
The Strep-Tactin® Magnetic Beads are polysaccharide coated magnetic microspheres that are covalently linked to Strep-Tactin. The beads are designed to be used for T-cell isolation with Milteny columns/machines at 4 °C under sterile conditions.
Magnetic isolation of T-cells: the principle
For the isolation of antigen-specific CD8+ T-cells, Strep-Tactin® Magnetic Beads have to be combined with MHC I Strep Reagents (antigen-loaded MHC I containing the Strep-tag® affinity tag).
- After binding of the MHC I strep reagent of choice, the magnetic bead binds to the tagged T-cells of interest.
- Using a magnetic column, the labeled T-cells are separated from other cells and eluted from the column by a washing step.
- By addition of D-biotin to the isolated cell suspension, the Strep-Tactin® Magnetic Beads can be mildly dissociated from the MHC I-Strep reagent.
- The binding of the MHC I strep reagent to the T-cells is very weak and spontaneously dissociates hereafter, leaving you with a functional and label-free antigen-specific (CD8+) T-cell of interest.
Cat. nr IB 6-5500-005 is sufficient to isolate T-cells out of a total of 1x108 cells.
The Solution Set includes Buffer IS for washing and Biotin for dissociation.