MycoAlert Mycoplasma Detection Kit
- Detects all common mycoplasma contaminations
- Results within 20 minutes
- Easy: add two reagents to the culture supernatant and perform two luminescence readings
- No DNA extraction needed
- Sensitive and fast mycoplasma contamination detection
Spotlight Winter Promotions
Try MycoAlert Mycoplasma Detection Kits during our Spotlight winter promotions and get 10% off your order.*
* Mention promo code SPOT4 on your order. Valid until March 31st, 2019. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Mycoplasma contamination detection for reproducible and reliable results
Since mycoplasma affect various cellular parameters, such as inhibition of cell growth and - metabolism, induction of chromosomal aberrations, stimulation of changes in cell membrane antigenicity and many more, mycoplasma contaminations can seriously impact the reliability, reproducibility, and consistency of experimental results.
However, mycoplasma infections are very difficult to detect or prevent and the presence of mycoplasma can remain undiscovered for months:
- They cannot be seen under a light microscope and only be detected using SEM
- In contrast to bacteria, they do not cause visible changes in turbidity or pH
- Most antibiotics are ineffective against mycoplasma
- They are not routinely removed by filtration
Test your cell culture for mycoplasma infection for reproducible results
The MycoAlert™ Assay Kit offers a fast and sensitive 20-minute method to test your cell cultures for mycoplasma contamination.
This bioluminescence assay measures the activity of enzymes found in all common mycoplasma and acholeplasma contaminants.
Over 44 mycoplasma species tested so far can be detected with the MycoAlert Mycoplasma Detection Kit.