- Fresh and cryopreserved human hepatocytes
- Isolated from whole and resected liver tissues
- High viability (>80%)
- Characterized for Phase I/II drug-metabolizing enzyme activity
- Characterized for plateability
Human hepatocytes are isolated from whole and resected liver tissues. Cryopreserved hepatocytes are characterized for post-thaw viability and yield, plateability (adherence to a collagen-coated surface), and some combination of Phase I and Phase II drug metabolizing enzyme activities, inducibility, and uptake and efflux transporter activity and can be used for (but not limited to):
- Drug metabolizing enzyme activity (stability, clearance, species comparison, metabolite profiling and ID)
- Suspension drug transporter uptake
- Time-dependent metabolism (plated assay for low-clearance compounds)
- CYP450 Induction (mRNA and activity)
- Plated drug transporter assays (uptake and efflux)
- Toxicity assays
All suspension qualified human cryopreserved hepatocytes are available in both single donor and pooled donors format.
Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes for Plated Applications
- Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes, Plateable, Metabolism Qualified
Used for multiple applications, including the study of low-clearance compound metabolism. Each lot is tested for metabolic activity of CYP2C9, CYP2D6, and CYP3A4. These lots are guaranteed plateable for a minimum of 3 days in culture.
- Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes, Plateable, Induction Qualified
Used for a variety of applications, including to determine if compounds of interest are inducers of CYP1A2, CYP2B6, and/or CYP3A4. Qualification includes testing induction of each isoform with a known inducer and measuring the fold change in mRNA expression and activity. These lots are guaranteed plateable for a minimum of 5 days in culture.
- Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes, Plateable, Transporter Certified™
Used for multiple applications including uptake and efflux transporter assays such as facilitated active uptake and B-Clear™. These lots demonstrate transporter uptake and efflux activity similar to fresh human hepatocytes. Qualyst Transporter Solutions characterizes these cells as experts in the hepatic transporter field. These lots are guaranteed plateable for a minimum of 7 days in culture.