human KRAS mutation detection primers
- qPCR Primers for Detection of Human KRAS
- Detection of seven key mutations in KRAS codons 12 and 13
- High confidence: exclusive, definite yes/no answer
- Simple – no need to use a delta Ct method
- Performs well with FFPE or fresh frozen samples
The KRAS gene has an essential function in normal tissue signaling and plays an important role in many signal transduction pathways. A mutation of KRAS results in the development of many cancers.
With the human KRAS mutation detection primers you can detect seven human KRAS mutations G12D, G12A, G12V, G12S, G12R, G12C, and G13D. This kit can be used for FFPE or freshly frozen samples.
Two-step mutation detection
The detection of KRAS mutations consists of two steps:
- Locus-specific qPCR assesses the total amplifiable KRAS for each sample. It determines the quantity of DNA to be used in the second step.
- A mutant allele-specific KRAS qPCR is then performed to assess presence of key mutations in codons 12 and 13.
The contents of this kit are sufficient for a total of 60 reactions consisting of 30 locus-specific and 30 allele-specific reactions.