Swift Amplicon 16S + ITS Panel
- NGS profiling of complex metagenomic samples
- Covers all variable regions of the 16S rRNA, ITS1 and ITS2 genes in a single primer pool
- Unique amplicon chemistry generates diverse clusters without PhiX or phased primers
- Saves costs: flexibility with Illumina® sequencers and read lengths
- Illumina® ready libraries within 2 hours
Single tube comprehensive NGS 16S + ITS metagenomics
The Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel facilitates NGS analysis of complex microbial communities (bacteria, archaea and fungi) using a single multiplexed primer pool targeting the 16S rRNA (variable regions 1-9) and ITS genes.
Complete variable region coverage for bacteria, archaea & fungal identification
Conventional 16S rRNA gene assays target only V3-V4, or use region-specific single-plex primers that require phased reverse primers and result in low complexity libraries with limited sensitivity and low-quality sequencing.
The Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS panel generates libraries covering all variable regions of 16S and fungal ITS1/ITS2 targets in a fast, single-tube workflow. The unique multiplex PCR chemistry generates diverse clusters without PhiX or phased primers.
Superior Representation of a Diverse Microbial Community Versus V3-V4 Only
The Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel covering all V1-V9 regions provides sensitive detection and accurate representation of each species in the sample compared to standard methods interrogating the V3-V4 region alone. Organisms marked in red were underrepresented by V3-V4 only method. Input DNA was a mix of 20 bacterial species (ATCC MSA-1003) tested with the Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel, sequenced with Illumina® MiSeq® V3 (2x300bp reads).
Swift Amplicon 16S + ITS Panel Specifications
|Input DNA (+ tested range)||1 ng DNA (tested with 10 pg - 50 ng|
|Amplicons||5 amplicons for 16S rRNA ; 2 amplicons for fungal ITS|
|Average amplicon size||475 bp|
|Genes covered||16S rRNA: V1-V9 - Fungal ITS1+ITS2|
|Assay format||Single-tube multiplex PCR|
|Time required||2 hours from DNA to Illumina-ready library|
|Components provided||Target specific primer pool, PCR & library prep reagents, indexed adapters|
|Depth recommendations||100-300K reads per sample|
|Multiplexing capability||96 or more libraries on Illumina MiSeq v2|
|Compatible platforms||Illumina MiSeq, MiniSeq|
Applications and sample types
- Metagenomics: bacteria + archaea (16S) and fungi (ITS)
- Environmental: air, water, wastewater
- Agriculture: plant microbiome - surface, roots, soil
- Human microbiome: skin, mouth, gastrointestinal tract, stool
- Forensics: microbiome to establish time of death