SMARTer Stranded Total RNA Sample Prep Kit - HI (High Input)
- Identify each transcript’s strand of origin with >99% accuracy
- Go from start to finish in ~5 hrs
- Use 100 ng–1 µg total RNA from human, mouse, or rat
- Reliable data across replicates and RNA quality
- Illumina-specific libraries with up to 96 indexes
This kit is a rapid solution for preparing indexed Illumina® sequencing libraries from 100 ng–1 µg of mammalian total RNA. It combines efficient RiboGone rRNA removal and SMARTer strand-specific library generation in around 5 hours.
Because total RNA contains 90% rRNA, removal of these abundant transcripts prior to library generation is essential to lower sequencing costs and improve RNA-Seq data quality. Subsequent use of SMART technology maintains strand information, and eliminates downstream library prep by incorporating indexes and adapters during the RT and PCR steps.
Workflow of library generation
A. Depletion of ribosomal RNA from total RNA samples with RiboGone rRNA removal technology.
B. First-strand cDNA synthesis with SMART technology, incorporating Illumina Read Primers 1 and 2.
C. Template switching and generation of sequencing libraries with Illumina cluster-generating sequences and indexes by PCR amplification.