innuPREP Plant DNA Kit - KFFLX
- Automated isolation of DNA from a variety of different plant components and species of plants.
- Optimized for use with the KingFisher® FLEX automated extraction system
- Processes up to 96 samples in parallel
- Selectively removes inhibiting components
Fast isolation of plant DNA with the KingFisher
The innuPREP Plant DNA Kit - KFFLX is designed for automated isolation of DNA from a variety of plant species and sample types in a very short time. At first the plant material needs to be homogenized using a highly efficient method, e.g., under liquid nitrogen or with a tool such as the SpeedMill bead homogenizer. This is followed by lysis and efficient protein and polysaccaride extraction.
The KingFisher FLEX system is then used to isolate the nucleic acids from the lysate in a fully automated process based on magnetic particles. All of the reagents needed for extraction are included in the innuPREP Plant DNA Kit - KFFLX.
Starting material and yield
- Different types of plant material: up to 100 mg
- Plant material containing a large proportion of water: up to 150 mg
- Fresh, frozen or dried plant material
The yield depends on the type of sample, but can be up to 60 µg