UPzol Total RNA Isolation Reagent
- RNA isolation using a modified GITC/phenol method
- One-Step RNA isolation from many sample types
- Scalable volume
- High yield of high-quality RNA
- Cost-saving alternative to TRIZOL ™ Reagent
biotechrabbit™ UPzol RNA Isolation Solution is a reagent optimized for efficient isolation of total RNA from animal tissues and cells, bacterial cells, plants and other material in variable amounts. The extraction method is based on a timesaving, one-step liquid phase separation.
The UPzol RNA Isolation Solution is a mono-phase solution containing phenol and guanidine thiocyanate. After the addition of chloroform and subsequent centrifugation, the homogenate is separated into three phases:
- Colorless aqueous phase containing RNA (upper)
- White interphase (middle)
- Colored organic phase (lower)
RNA is precipitated from the upper aqueous phase using alcohol. The UPzol RNA Isolation Solution provides high quality and high-integrity RNA, which can be used for all downstream applications, including northern analysis, cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, dot-blot hybridization, poly A+ selection, in vitro translation, cloning and RNase assays.
TRIZOL is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific