Maxima Reverse Transcriptases
- High yields of full-length cDNA <20 kb
- Thermostable, active up to 65°C
- High sensitivity
- Complete cDNA synthesis in 15 to 30 min.
- Multiple variants and kits available
Maxima Reverse Transcriptase possesses an RNA-dependent and DNA-dependent polymerase activity as well as RNase H activity. It is developed through in vitro evolution and possesses improved features compared to the wild type version, such as higher thermostability and robustness, and increased synthesis rates.
Highly efficient and sensitive enzyme
The enzyme is an ideal tool for two step RT-qPCR. Maxima Reverse Transcriptase is so sensitive that it synthesizes cDNA from a wide range of input total RNA amounts (from 1 pg to 5 µg) at elevated temperatures (50 to 65°C). Due to its high thermostability, the enzyme efficiently transcribes GC-rich RNA regions. Specificity can be improved by using gene specific primers. The reverse transcriptase reaction can be completed in 15 to 30 min.
Broad application possibilities
You can use Maxima Reverse Transcriptase for a broad range of applications:
- Two step RT-PCR
- Two step RT-qPCR
- First strand cDNA synthesis
- Construction of full length cDNA libraries
- DNA labeling
- Primer extension
Enzyme variants and complete kits
If you don't need included RNase H activity so you can obtain high yields of full-length cDNA from long templates, you can choose the Maxima H Minus Reverse Transcriptase variant, whereas all other features of the Maxima Reverse Transcriptase are retained.
For easy use, several complete kits are available that includes all reagents needed for your PCR, including the Maxima Reverse Transcriptase:
- Maxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit for RT-qPCR contains Maxima Enzyme Mix, 5X Reaction Mix and nuclease-free water.
- Maxima H Minus First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit contains Maxima H Minus Enzyme Mix, Oligo(dT)18 and Random hexamer primers, 5X RT Buffer, dNTP Mix and nuclease-free water.
- Maxima H Minus Double-Stranded cDNA Synthesis Kit can be used to perform first- and second-strand cDNA synthesis reactions in the same tube. The kit contains all components needed.
Amplification of targets up to 20 kb in two step RT-PCR