His-Tag Check & Go! Strips
- Quick yes/no check for presence of his-tagged protein
- Results in 15 minutes
- Compatible with cell culture media and lysate
- Easy to use
- Cheaper than gel electrophoresis or Western blot
- Requires only 80µl diluted sample per strip
Rapid check for His-tagged protein
HisTag Check&Go! is a quick competitive immunochromatography test that allows users to verify and monitor successful expression of His-tagged recombinant proteins before undertaking purification, as well as identifying fractions of most interest before performing other more labor intensive techniques such as Western blot or ELISA. The assay provides a qualitative yes/no answer in just 10-15 minutes.
How does it work?
The strips carry a nitrocellulose membrane containing three key components:
- a Test line of immobilized His-Tag protein
- a Control line of immobilized ULFA-tagged protein
- a patch with gold-conjugated antibodies against HisTag and ULFA tag
If your sample contains His-tagged protein this will capture the anti-His antibody, preventing it from binding to the Test line. As a result, the Test line will not be visible or only as a pale red line).