Strep-Tactin XT Resins
- Higher Strep-tag II binding affinity than Strep-Tactin
- Great for High-throughput screening, Batch purification, Denaturating conditions
- Higher protein yield
- Binding capacity up to 15 mg/mL
- Wide pH range (6-10) for protein binding
- More stable resin compared to Strep-Tactin
20% off until December 17th, 2019
Enjoy 20% off during our year-end offer on Strep-Tactin XT resins until Dec. 17th, 2019!
* Offer valid for qualifying orders received no later than Dec 17th, 2019. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Not applicable on starter kit and 4 mL volumes. Mention promo code SPOT7 on your order.
Strep-Tactin XT offers higher affinity
The Strep-Tactin XT has a higher binding affinity to Strep-tag II and is more stable compared to the original Strep-Tactin. This enables new applications such as high-throughput screening, batch purification and denaturing purification.
Enhanced binding of Twin-Strep-tag-mCherry to Strep-Tactin XT compared to Strep-Tactin. A significant loss of mCherry occurred during the washing steps if Strep-Tactin is used for purification. In the case of Strep-Tactin®XT no target protein is lost during the purification procedure. Western blot analysis revealed that remaining impurities were degradation products of mCherry.
Strep-Tactin XT also provides higher protein yields compared to Strep-Tactin®. Together with an optimized elution profile this gives you more concentrated target protein. At the same time Strep-Tactin XT still has all the benefits of Strep-Tactin for protein purification: very high purity (>95%), physiological buffer conditions and mild elution.