Blocking Buffer Optimization Kit
- Get the best Western blot results
- Reduce background, increase signal
- Optimized for LI-COR near-infrared detection systems
Optimize your blocking buffer for best results
Blocking buffer choice is important for success in Western blotting or other immunoassays. Blockers increase sensitivity by reducing background interference, increasing signal-to-noise ratio, and promoting specific binding of the primary antibody while minimizing non-specific interactions.
LI‑COR offers several blocking buffers for use with the Odyssey and Aerius system for near-infrared detection. All are optimized for use with IRDye® products and other near-infrared fluorophores and provide excellent performance for quantitative Western blots and other immunoassays.
With the Blocking Buffer Optimization Kit you can optimize your Western blot blocking buffer conditions to get the highest signal to background ratio.
What do you get?
The Blocking Buffer Optimization Kit contains:
- 1 x 125 mL Odyssey Blocking Buffer (PBS) - Cat. no. 927‑40100
- 1 x 125 mL Odyssey Blocking Buffer (TBS) - Cat no. 927‑50100
- 1 x 100 mL Casein Blocking Buffer - Cat. no. 927‑40300