- Excellent alternative to Benzonase
- Reduce viscosity of crude sample before protein purification
- Degrades all single- and double-stranded nucleic acids
- Completely free of protease activity
- Unique production process provides exceptionally high specific activity
Benzonase-type endonuclease for lysate viscosity reduction
BaseMuncher is ideal for reducing viscosity during protein purification and sample preparation.
BaseMuncher is a non-specific endonuclease that hydrolyzes both single- and double-stranded nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) to 5’-phosphorylated oligonucleotides of 1-4 bases in length.
Recombinantly produced in E. coli using the Benzonase gene in a proprietary process, BaseMuncher is a highly purified homodimer of 27 kDa subunits that has exceptionally high specific activity and is completely free of protease activity.